Sunday, August 19, 2012

Moving On

For academics (and teachers, and students, I suppose) the end of the summer means promise, anxiety, and anticipation.  As the school year swings around, I find myself in disbelief at the year (and a half!) I've had.

Stable, it was not. Busy, yes. Frantic, even, at times.

steps in nipple reconstruction


At any rate, without waxing poetic, I will say that this final surgery-- the nipple recon-- says "finished" to me. And man...my breasts look better than I could have dreamed.  After 2 days I could bathe, being careful not to manipulate the little guys with scrubbing or harsh soap. I'm going a bit stir crazy around the house but the doc said to take it easy for a week or so.

As I re-tool my syllabi and gear up for Labor Day, I can't help but feel a sense of relief that I get a clean slate. Wooooohoooo!

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...