Monday, June 18, 2012

Shazaam! Exchange Surgery, Three Weeks and Counting

So it's been a whir of writing and conferences and basically being nuts that for the first time in four and a half years I don't have anything that I should be doing.

This weekend was three precious days of chillin.  Haven't had that in...can't even remember.

And today was my 3 week follow up from my exchange surgery. Short version: doc says I look good.  Frankly, I wasn't sure.  I'm squishy but I've got puckers and my "breasts" appear strange because they are, well- new to me.  And there is extra skin under my arms (fat!) that is more prominent now. 

When I was a kid I wasn't allowed to wear jeans with holes.
I am pretty sure I wore these two days in a row.
Take that, parents!

I am pretty easy about the whole thing, especially after finding out last week that pop's tumor is benign! The downside is of course that he is nevertheless in pain a lot of the time. But he has many years ahead of him, it seems, which is a huge relief for everyone.

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...