Thursday, January 12, 2012

Post Op Day 2

I am amazed at how good I feel.  Other than soreness, I'm all good!  To be more specific, I'm able to walk, lift my arms, feed myself, dress, and walk the dog...with a little help from my mom.

The docs said everything looked good, so I was discharged today!  I'm home and listening to my little dog play with his squeak toy. My little boobs look totally deflated, like balloons whose air has been sucked out...but my doc is certain that I'll be happy with the final result.  The only yucky thing is my drains, which fill up with fluid and have to be emptied 3x per day. 

The staff at the hospital have been AMAZING. Like, everyone.

I am still bewildered: how can I not be in pain? 

Admittedly I am a little out of it-- my memory is shot from the pain meds, and it's hard to concentrate-- but all the better for watching crummy TV.

More than anything is the profound sense of gratefulness and relief. I want to send a special note to my docs, and will have to figure out the appropriate method for doing so.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes.

Thank God. Thank God. I'm okay.  I'm better than okay- I'm WONDERFUL!

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...