Tuesday, January 17, 2012

7 Days Post- Op: Not All Sunshine and Rainbows

Yesterday the home health nurse noticed that my right boob is filled with liquid, and today, oh hell yeah, I noticed it too.

So I'm trying not to panic- my temperature has remained level, so there may be no infection, and, though I had a VERY uncomfortable day yesterday, I still had no pain.



You didn't forget, did you?


Which brings me to the downsides of this surgery.  You didn't think it was all puppies and snow cones, did you? (Or as we used to call them in the South- freeze cups?)

-Discomfort. I am wearing a bra all of the time, and my stitches are healing.
-Achiness.
-Constipation. I tried everything: flax muffins, magnesium, stool softeners, and high- fiber veggies. It took 5 days. TMI, I know, but it is what it is.
-Exhaustion, which sets in often before I am able to recognize it.  This is both physical (I need to sleep) and mental (oh, hey, I think You've Got Mail is a little tricky for my current brain cells, mmmkay? How about Dora the Explorer instead?).
-Seroma. That's a buildup of fluid, and yep, got it. The nurse told me yesterday that she drained nearly a full cup of liquid that had been clogging around my incision. Ewsies.

I feel a little guilty for how much I'm needing to rest. My mom is doing all of the cooking and cleaning while teaching her last semester of classes, now partially online because she's here.

So no, not all fun and games, eh?

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...