Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly Wrap- up: S(t)aturday

Whelp, another week has passed.  This was an unusually light week for me: other than a few hours of data collection, I've had nothing pressing on my plate.  I've used the time to clean...plus spend a ridiculous number of hours watching Being Erica.  You know I do just love those stories where women reinvent themselves.

Workouts: 2.  I know.  The low number is for a couple of reasons: 1) I am afraid to wreck this shin. I've been doing strengthening exercises and icing, but I'll admit, I'm downright terrified of the pain.  2) I revamped my diet  (which was on its way to being VERY VERY bad) and have felt gross.  I know this is normal as my body adjusts to good foods again and rids itself of sugars...but still. I think I could have pushed through it, especially if I'd chosen a low- impact workout like weight training.

Eating, rating from 1 to 10: 9.  I've done well, and my skin and tummy are thanking me: smaller portions of meats, veggies, fruit, and a grain or two here and there. 



Weight:  +2.  This is to be expected after a week of eating shenannigans.  And this is after this week's effort to get things back on track. I always feel bad admitting that I gained. But I did.

All in all not a miserable week, but not a super- productive one either.  When exercise and eating are in tandem, I expect fireworks!!!! But until I can do both I know that I'll maintain at best...next week will be better.

Back to the grind next week as I gear up for conferences and my fellowship for next year.

xoxo,
13





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...