Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: Down

I'm a little bummed these days: too hot, working too much, and get this- injured.  First it was just troubling shin splints that appeared out of nowhere (I'm not increasing my mileage too quickly, I was fitted for shoes, etc.) that kept me benched all weekend.  And today after four rest days, icing, and shin splint exercises I have this weird pain in my groin that made just walking to campus painful. 

shiny ass shorts- corey lynn calter
 I wonder if I am too out of shape for this? My body seems to be rebelling.  I went into the running store on campus to ask about the pain but they completely ignored me. I guess I don't look like a runner! (Can I call myself a runner yet? Today I ran for 30 minutes!)

In other news, I had a great weekend.  We hosted our neighbors for an impromptu barbecue and the next day were invited to another.  But man, is it hot.  I finally realize the use value of athletic clothing with magical wicking powers.  It was 80 degrees at 5:30 this morning! And it's only June!

all anthro. i'm a sucker.

 Anyhow, I'm bummed.  And with my eating sort of all over the place and limited running I feel as if I am having to choose between fitness and weight loss. 

If I have to stop running...(which I may because this groin pain is not a joke) I'll be really sad.

Anyhoo, I'm killing myself trying to cram in a month's worth of work into the two weeks before I go to Ghana. 

It will get done, no?

Bah, humbug,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...