Sunday, March 06, 2011

Saturday Shennanigans: Swan Lake

Lovebug and I do a date night to keep things sassy.  It gives me a reason to dress up, put on the makeups, and buy pretty dresses.  (And oh, yeah, spend time with the man I love...yeah, that.)

This week's outing was to Philly's Academy of Arts to see Swan Lake.  I love ballet, but not the ballet, if you know what I mean.  No?  Basically, I have trouble suspending my disbelief with things like musicals, operas, or ballets, though I love the individual aspects of them.  How very proletarian of me. I know. I love the theater, I love dance, I love classical music and the symphony.  But twined together in a story...is almost overload for me! 

But admittedly Swan Lake, which I'd seen a couple of times as a kid, was really beautiful.  Stunning, actually.  Lovebug, who didn't divulge our location until we were driving there, told me to wear "a nice dress." 

Nebulous, any? Pish, tush! 


dress-theory; tights, bracelet-banana republic; shoes-steve madden; belt-h&m; earrings-kohl's


I chose a watercolor- silk charmeuse dress, black cutout tights, and navy ruffled patent- leather pumps, and felt very myself in this: not too done but very feminine.

And one more by our messy entryway (yes, I refurbished the secretary behind me; and yes, those are anthro knobs!): 

I do not do drugs. I was tired from the elliptical.


Happy moment: my belt is askew because it is too big! It kept slipping below my natural waist and sliding around.  Take that, scale!

As I hinted in an earlier post, the universe...has some things in store.  I am just happy that I am not coping using Papa John's and Tollhouse, haha. 

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...