Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: On Food Blogs

If I read about food, I think about food.  And not in a "hey, that's yummy and nourishing" way.  More like a "shit-what-time-does-the-store-close-cuz-I-wanna-make-this- TONIGHT" way. 

So I limit my time on food blogs, and don't post food pics myself.  I've had a few "pretty- in- the- pan" winners, but for the most part, I don't take pics of my food, either.  

For me, that is compulsive behavior. (DISCLAIMER: Obviously that isn't true for everyone.  What?I said DISCLAIMER!)  I used to be a recipe, weight loss forum, and food journal junkie.  While I've kept up with logging my daily foods, I'm not ready to invest time in the others.  Cause really...I KNOW how to eat, haha!

Chile Relleno Casserole- mmmmmm!


I do,  however, seek out recipes once per week prior to our grocery haul, and have gotten some AMAZING recipes from allrecipes.com, foodnetwork.com, and other bloggers such as JG and Ro

But.
But.

         

cred
For those hidden under a ficus leaf  (uh, like me), green monsters are smoothies made with a leafy green (say, spinach or kale) and a base (milk, almond milk, yogurt,  ricotta, soy milk, etc.).  Thanks, Ro, for putting me on the right track! You can add whatever else you want to it...the "green" taste virtually disappears! Really!  

I try to get in 4 cups of veggies per day yes, i am regular as...well, as shit, but it can be a challenge.  This is one way that makes  gulping those green things a little easier. 



13's Green Monster Recipe (not really...this is just the first one I tried)

3/4 cup of frozen chopped spinach
1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter 
sweetener of choice, to taste

Blend, blend, blend.  (Yes, it's green. Like snot!)  Since the spinach is frozen, I don't need ice. 

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS WOULD BE DELICIOUS?


I also tried it with half of a banana, and again...


WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS WOULD BE DELICIOUS?

I love that I am still learning things on this journey.  Mango? Did someone just say mango?

Don't say I didn't warn you,
13

Weight Loss, week 4: -1.5
Total Monthly Loss: -6




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...