Monday, December 12, 2011

Midfoot Striking

So.

In the last two weeks I've been "relearning" how to run after battling shin splints again and again.

Let me be real: as usual, I have no idea what I'm doing.  I read something and tried it. It seems different and difficult, and it takes far more effort. (I am also running faster- can't seem to help it? Is this because the stride is more efficient?)  I am finding myself sore again, wiped out after a half- hour run.  But shin splints have so far stayed at bay.



I'm not comfortable pushing much past 30 minutes, but hopefully after adjusting I can keep moving...finally.

In other news, I am trying a new workout schedule.  This week I worked out 6 days, something I've vehemently protested in the past.  But sitting writing all day and other stress has made exercise feel like a privilege, so I'm taking it. Never say never, I guess.  

Always learning.

xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...