Thursday, May 05, 2011

Heat! Humidity! Hills! Oh, My!

From the Couch to 5k website:


Too many people have been turned off of running simply by trying to start off too fast. Their bodies rebel, and they wind up miserable, wondering why anyone would possibly want to do this to themselves.

Pissed that I am suddenly one of the ones who wants to do this to themselves. 
 
Hahahaha, I felt exactly this way-- even after completing my first (and only) 5k a few years ago.(Looking back, I'd trained on a treadmill, which made the outdoor course more challenging. I didn't know, okay?)

Tomorrow I'll be off to sunny (hot-as-shit) Florida to visit the moms for Mother's Day.  While there, I'll also begin the dreaded week 5 of Couch to 5k, which includes a 20- minute run.  Cake for you. Torturous pour moi. 

Gulp.

dress, belt- anthro; jacket (above)- tj maxx
 Our illustrious capitol sits on a hill, as do the neighborhoods surrounding it.  And temps are already at 90 degrees. Cough.

In other news, I'll am participating in my first shopping ban in Anthroholic's Shop Your Closet Challenge.  
That means no buying for the month of May, with one exception written in (which I'll share later!).  With a transition to summer (read: in between paychecks) it'll be good for my wallet!  

Wish me luck!


xoxo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...