Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays: Fucking Shit Up


"Life is not a final.  It's daily pop quizzes."  ~Author Unknown

Yesterday, on about three hours of sleep, I ruined an opportunity for funding this last piece of my dissertation.  Without going into details, I very publicly flubbed the first portion of a two- part interview that I'd been sweating for weeks. 

My first instinct was to eat.  And I did, but it was to hunger. Not a shit- I- just- want- some- food- to-make-me- feel-better food spree.

The failure impacts me, but I didn't let it define me.  It is a non- scale victory, and a big one.   I supposed I needed this, because my losses predictably slowed quite a bit this week. 

As I told my friend today: "Moving on..." 

Little 13 is growing up!



xoxo,
13


Weight Loss, Week 3: -.4
Total Loss: -4

 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...