Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ouch

Young things, here is something to remember once you hit thirty: hangovers hurt.

It's been a whirlwind of a week and I'm finally feeling this Dr. thing.  There were family and friends and a party and great food and gifts and wow now now now...I feel celebrated!


I was lucky enough to sit next to the former Black Grad Association chair-- she passed the torch on to me for a couple of years so celebrating with her was particularly special.  It was hot, though, and we were melting in our gowns, which are made from RECYCLED PLASTIC. Um.

And of course I also took a moment to remember those I've lost (including my breasts!).  I don't get people's fervor over walks and runs, but I have to admit that this one was pretty special.  Mom and  I did the Komen walk on Mother's Day and then went out for brunch with Granny and Mother in Law.  It was awesome.



And so now it's back to work, and back to the insufferable job hunt.  

It's a jungle out there.

Thanks for all of your well wishes! It's been a fun ride!
xo,
13

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...